It takes lives to save lives. In India, the concept of the green corridor was first used by Chennai. Where an ambulance carried a heart to save the life of 21 year old and covered a distance of 12 km in just 14 minutes. Which generally takes more than 45 minutes. Surely, it’s not easy to handle such medical emergencies.
Green corridors make sure that there is no organ waste. A green corridor is a special route cleared out for an ambulance that facilitates restored organs meant for transplant or to transfer an unwell patient to succeed in the destined hospital, airport or any destination. The Green Corridor system is a way to accelerate organ transplantation and save lives. The green corridor system is made by combined efforts of traffic police and local cops who ensure that organs being transported by ambulance for transplantation reach their destination in the shortest possible time ( the given target time to reach ). It requires a concentrated effort from transplant coordinators, local police, traffic police and sometimes airport staff for special cases.
What is Green Corridor?
A ‘Green Corridor’ is a special route making the route of the hospital where an organ is harvested and the hospital where it is to be transplanted, traffic-free. It is a manually operated route.
In the green corridor system, green corridor ambulance collaborates with the traffic department to transport a vital organ in less than 60-70% of the time that is usually taken to go from place A to place B.
When a patient is declared brain dead then with an allowance of family consent to organ donation or if the patient is already registered for the process of donating organs, the availability of a recipient is first checked within the city, state, region and even on a national level.
Organs have a short preservation time, and green corridors ensure the ambulance escapes traffic congestion and reaches the destination in the shortest possible time.
- Air ambulance
- Green corridor ambulance
- The green corridor project is a way to accelerate organ transplants to save lives.
- In the green corridor project, the hospitals and traffic department collaborate to transport vital organs between hospitals in the shortest time possible to go from place A to place B.
- They are demarcated, cleared out special road routes that are created for the ambulance to enable harvested organs to reach the destined hospital.
- The green corridor in India is a special path that is created without any stoppages for ambulances. It ensures that, during transit, organs arrive at their specified destination within the shortest possible time.
- Although the green corridor system was initially devised to handle medical emergencies. Nowadays, it is frequently used for the purpose of transfer of donated organs.
- It is managed in a way that all the traffic signals that lie on the route are green and controlled manually.
- On the green corridor, all the red signals on the route are skipped. It will reduce travel time by several precious minutes. The earlier an organ is transplanted the better chances of success.
- Green corridors ensure that no organ is wasted. The whole operation requires good coordination among the traffic officials.
Green Corridor Ambulance
Recently Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd created a green corridor for ambulances carrying organs for transplant and the given target time to reach Airport was within 8 minutes. The team of Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd received a call to transfer a severely seriously ill patient from Health Village Hospital to Biju Patnaik International Airport in a Green Corridor which was made by The Commissionerate Police. The distance from Health Village Hospital, Nayapalli to Biju Patnaik International Airport is 6.5 Km and it takes around 20-25 mins. In the Green Corridor, the target time given to reach the airport was within 8 minutes but Ziqitza Ambulance driver Samir Kumar Mohanty took this responsibility and covered the route in a record time of 6 minutes 5 seconds. For his best performance, he was awarded the “Kalpataru Das National Foundation Award” by MLA Pranab Kumar Balabantaray of BJD in the presence of the District Councillor, Block Chairman and other distinguished members for the remarkable job done.
Donations of organs can help someone to live after you. Register for full body donation as an aware citizen of society. Green Corridor ambulance service with Ziqitza is always ready to help with casualties. Contact us to know more.