One year into the pandemic, our lives have become more sedentary than ever. Aspects like long working hours, lethargy, poor dietary habits, and no physical activity are pushing people towards a number of lifestyle diseases like obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart problems, among others.
These lifestyle diseases can be prevented with help of a strict regime and necessary precautions. As an old phrase says, prevention is better than cure. Likewise, our health is our own responsibility and hence we should keep ourselves updated on what’s going inside our body. With today’s lifestyle that includes more work and less physical activities, routine health check-ups are even more important.
Ziqitza recommends if you are already suffering from a chronic disease like diabetes, you should see your doctor more frequently. Basis the same, your doctor may suggest less or more time between your regular health checkups.
A sedentary lifestyle and junk eating are major enhancers of weak physical health. With so many underlying reasons, falling prey to bad and weak health becomes easier, the question arises, how often should one indulge in a health check-up, quarterly or twice a year? Technically, the answer lies in our current health status itself. The recommendations for a routine health check-up lie majorly on age, medical history, health risk factors, and the current status of your health.
Realizing the need for preventive health checkups. Ziqitza Healthcare urges Corporate to regularly organize preventive health checkup camps for their employees. Wherein Corporates can tie up with Ziqitza Limited for regular health check-up camps for their employees PAN India.
Dr. Santosh Datar from Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd says,” Health is defined as a “State of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely absence of disease or infirmity” by the World Health Organization(W.H.O.). Just because somebody does not have any symptoms does not mean she/he is healthy. The health status is influenced by various factors such as genetics, the well-being of the mother during pregnancy, nutrition, care during growing years, exposure to infections, environment, family cultures, exposure to occupational hazards at the workplace, mental framework, good or bad habits and many more. The most neglected aspect is mental health. Physical and mental health two sides of the same coin and cannot be separated.
You should follow the below tips for a Healthy and disciplined Lifestyle
- Water is the best natural and healthy drink. Drink an adequate quantity of water throughout the day to stay hydrated especially in summer when you are outdoors.
- Take adequate sleep of 8 hours at least.
- Eat a well-balanced, nutritious, healthy, and timely diet.
- Indian diet consisting of roti, vegetables, rice, dal, green leafy vegetables, curds or buttermilk, fruits, and salads is a healthy diet.
- Eat more green leafy vegetables and salads
- Include 1-2 fruits daily in the diet
- Avoid all junk food such as biscuits, fruit juices, noodles, cakes, pastries, cookies, packed snack items, cold/energy drinks, pizzas, burgers, fast food items, donuts, deep-fried items, items containing refined sugar, processed red meat, etc.
- Reduction in weight if overweight or obese
- Blood sugar and blood pressure levels should be in control
- Be physically active and do household chores
- Exercise regularly e.g., a daily brisk walk for 30 minutes a day. However, before starting any exercise regime, consult your doctor
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tobacco, or any harmful addictive substance.
- Practice yoga and meditation as per expert’s advice
- Spend less time on electronic gadgets and more time with your near and dear ones
- Seek help from experts such as counselors or psychiatrists if there are any mental health issues or stress symptoms.
Ziqitza Rajasthan & Ziqitza Limited Rajasthan always speaks about creating good health, we should understand there are four important pillars that one should focus on nutrition, physically being active, good sleep, and emotional health. When all these four pillars are taken good care of and well-aligned, we see patients capable of creating good health and reverse their illnesses.